It's official. You're a challenger!
Thanks for joining us, fearless performer! Hopefully this page will answer any questions you might have about your pending performance at a Shuffle Dance Challenge. The night starts promptly at 8pm with a set showcasing our featured performers choreographies. These can be existing pieces, works-in-progress, etc. Whatever you'd like to share.
You'll be sent a schedule in advance of the show that indicates the time of your Set 1 slot. These will be scheduled in advance so please be arrive on time and ready to rock.
Set 1 - Showcase
- Performers feature choreographies, work-in-progress, etc.
- Performers are given 5 minutes slots to feature their work.
- These will be scheduled.
- Performers email their music to Brad a week in advance so he can add it to a playlist.
set 2 - Improvisation
- All pieces are improvised to music that is played in 'shuffle' mode.
- The set order is improvised.
- Dancers will sometimes be given prompts and/or props to incorporate into their pieces.
Featured performers equally split 70% of the money that comes in the door. The door assistant will make 5% and I'll make 25%. The more people we all invite, the more money we all make!
There's a $10 entry fee at the door and a $5 minimum for food and drinks.
Ideally every performer can bring at least 3 paying attendees. We do our best to market the event but much of its success depends on our performers spreading the word. We're counting on you!
There's a Facebook page for the Shuffle Dance Challenge and an event page that you can share around.